Region4 Returns and Support Policy
All products sold by Region4 come with a manufacturer’s warranty. Region4 covers this warranty on the manufacturer’s behalf. The period of this warranty will vary from product to product but details are included with the product when you purchase it. Copies of this warranty can be provided on request. Some products are sold with the option to purchase extended warranties. In this case, the extended warranty extends the period of the manufacturer’s warranty and only covers things specified under that manufacturer’s warranty.
Your rights under Australian Consumer Law – The products we supply come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If you are a consumer under Australian Consumer Law, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
As provided under Australian Consumer Law, where the goods purchased are those not usually used for personal, domestic or household purposes, and it is fair and reasonable to do so, Region4 will limit the remedies we will provide. In this case, Region4 will either replace or repair the goods, or offer other suitable remedy at our discretion. Where this does not apply but the failure does not amount to a major failure Region4 is entitled to choose between providing you with a repair, replacement or other suitable remedy.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A FAULT WITH A PRODUCT SUPPLIED BY REGION4:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our support line on +61 3 9798 1133 if in Australia or 0800 450 302 if in New Zealand.
- You will need to supply the following details at a minimum:
- After consultation with our support team, if it is deemed necessary, they will issue a Return Authority #(RA) for the product to be returned to us and send you paperwork to accompany the unit when you return it.
- The unit will need to be returned to our nominated service centre. The cost of returning the product is your responsibility. Ideally products should be sent by courier and packaged in the original packaging. If this is no longer available please ensure the product is packed well and insured as damage incurred in transit is not covered under warranty.
- Once we receive the unit we will assess it and advise the next course of action. We will determine whether:
* There is no fault found
* There is a minor fault that can be repaired within a reasonable time frame
* There is a major fault and the customer is to be offered a replacement, repair, refund or other remedy.
* The product has been damaged through misuse
- If there is no fault found or we determine the product has been damaged through misuse or abuse there may be a minimum assessment fee levied. This fee may vary over time and according to the product type but we will advise this at the time of issuing the RA.
- If a fault is found and it is covered under warranty, and repair or replacement is the appropriate course of action, we will repair or replace and return the goods to your nominated location at our cost.
- If a fault is found and it is not covered under warranty or the warranty period has expired we will provide you with a quote for repairing the fault and you can then choose whether or not you wish to proceed with the repair. Regardless of whether or not you choose to proceed with the repair a minimum assessment fee may apply.
* Model and serial # of the product
* Date purchased (Proof of purchase may be required).
* Details of fault
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE WHEN RETURNING PRODUCTS FOR REPAIR
If you need to return a product that is capable of storing user generated data you should be aware that repairing the goods may result in loss of the data. Region4 recommends that you remove the data if possible and/or save any data as a backup.
In the process of repairing goods, Region4 may replace defective goods with refurbished goods of the same type rather than repairing the problem with the original goods, and/or may use refurbished parts to repair the goods.
If you have any questions about Region4’s sales, return, support or privacy policies please email email@example.com.